Dental Implants in Boynton Beach | 8 Steps to a Better Smile
If you have one or more missing teeth, you’re not alone. One of the best solutions for missing teeth is getting dental implants. Not only do they look, feel and function like natural teeth, but they have a high success rate as well. So if you’re ready to replace your missing teeth, it’s time to consider dental implants in Boynton Beach.
Steps to Getting Dental Implants in Boynton Beach
- Consultation: You and your dentist will discuss matters such as your health history, the pros and cons of the procedure, any questions and concerns you might have, etc. Once these matters are figured out, a plan can be made.
- Extraction (if necessary): If you need a tooth removed before the procedure, you will need to schedule an extraction and account for proper healing time.
- Bone grafting (if necessary): If your jawbone is not strong enough for an implant, you will need bone grafting to replace the missing bone. You will need to schedule an appointment for this and again, account for proper healing time.
- Implant insertion: Once your bones and gums are strong and healthy, you’ll be ready for surgery. Your dentist will use a local anesthetic to numb your mouth and then insert the implant into your jawbone.
- Surgery recovery: Your gums will be sore after surgery, but over-the-counter pain medications will take care of it. During your recovery time, it’s best to stick to soft foods to prevent any disturbances to the area.
- Abutment attachment: After the implant bonds to your jawbone, your dentist will attach an abutment to it.
- Crown placement: Once the abutment is in, your dentist will screw in or cement a custom-made crown onto it.
- Maintenance and care: Proper care is vital to maintaining your implants. You should care for them just as you would care for your natural teeth. Be sure to floss and brush each day and continue getting regular dental checkups.
If you have one or more missing teeth, what are you waiting for? Take the first step towards getting dental implants in Boynton Beach by contacting Ferber Dental Group today!