Dental Implants in West Palm Beach | Show Off a New Smile with Dental Implants
Any time a surgical procedure is involved for any part of the body, there is much to consider. When it comes to dental implants in West Palm Beach, the amount of information available can be overwhelming. Here is a quick rundown of key factors to consider when deciding if dental implants are right for you!
Issues Addressed by Dental Implants
- One or more missing teeth that may be missing due to injury, accident, decay, or extraction.
- Unstable dentures can be replaced with implants that are permanently affixed to the jawbone for improved stability.
- Lack of support found with bridges isn’t an issue with implants, as implants can also be used as anchors for fixed bridges where teeth are missing.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Stability – implants are rooted in the jawbone for the best strength and stability of any tooth replacement option.
- Comfort – Implants feel more like natural teeth than other tooth replacements.
- Aesthetics – Implants are custom made to look like your natural teeth.
- Durability – Implants can last a lifetime, whereas dentures must be replaced every 7-15 years.
- Improved Bone Health – Implants prevent jawbone loss that can lead to sunken facial features and other issues.
The Dental Implant Procedure
- Usually performed in your dentist’s office with local anesthesia.
- Your dentist implants the titanium post of the implant(s) below your gum line.
- As gums are allowed to heal, a custom-made prosthetic tooth is being made during this time.
- After the gums heal, your dentist connects an abutment to the titanium post.
- The prosthetic tooth is affixed to the abutment.
- Follow up with your dentist after some time to make sure everything looks good.
Ready for a New Smile with Dental Implants in West Palm Beach?
If you have been convinced that dental implants in West Palm Beach are for you, or you would like more information, the Ferber Dental Group is ready to help. Our team of highly skilled doctors of Ivy League graduates and former dental school faculty can provide you with exceptional care and support on your journey to your dream smile. Contact us today to book an appointment!