Dental Implants in West Palm Beach | What are the Pros and Cons?
Do you have a missing tooth? Is that missing tooth making you unhappy and self-conscious in your everyday life? If you answered yes to both of those questions, you would greatly benefit from dental implants in West Palm Beach. A dental implant is a metal post that is surgically positioned into your jawbone to mount a replacement tooth. It’s one of the best options out there, but just like any dental solution, it has both its pros and its cons.
Pros and Cons of Dental Implants in West Palm Beach
- Aesthetics: Dental implants look just like natural teeth.
- Functionality: You can achieve normal oral function with dental implants; you can bite, chew and speak with ease.
- Comfort: Dental implants feel the same as natural teeth, so they are especially comfortable.
- Flexibility: Dental implants are a flexible treatment option because they can support crowns, bridges, and dentures.
- Durability: If you care for dental implants properly, they can last you a lifetime.
- Surgery: Getting a dental implant requires surgery, as the implant must be inserted into your jawbone.
- Time: Dental implants aren’t an immediate treatment. They usually require more than one appointment and it can take months for them to fuse with your jawbone.
- Other procedures: You may need additional procedures to prepare your mouth for dental implants, such as a sinus lift or bone grafting.
By now, you should be able to better understand the advantages and disadvantages of dental implants. But despite the few cons they have, dental implants remain a popular and successful treatment option for those with missing teeth.
If you need dental implants in West Palm Beach, look no further than Ferber Dental Group. Our team can provide you with top-of-the-line dental care for an affordable price, so schedule a consultation at our West Palm Beach office today!