Dental Implants in West Palm Beach | Are Dental Implants Right for Me?
If you feel self conscious about having an incomplete smile, it’s time to start considering your dental options. One appealing tooth replacement option for numerous patients are dental implants. A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is placed into your jawbone to hold a replacement tooth or bridge and restore your smile. Are dental implants in West Palm Beach right for you? Keep reading to find out!
Are Dental Implants in West Palm Beach Right for Me?
If you’re missing one or more teeth, dental implants are probably right for you! The majority of patients are good candidates for dental implants in West Palm Beach.
Dental implants are best for people with the following:
- Good overall health
- Enough jawbone to anchor the implant – however, even if you suffer from jawbone loss, you might still be able to get dental implants by undergoing a bone grafting procedure
- Healthy gums
- A commitment to taking excellent care of your mouth by brushing, flossing, and visiting your dentist regularly
However, dental implants are not the best tooth replacement option for everyone. Some factors that might cause you to not be the best candidate for dental implants includes:
- Pregnant woman
- Heavy smokers – smoking can hinder the healing process, which can reduce the chances of implant success
- Young people whose jawbones are still growing
- People with chronic disease or systemic problems
- Poor oral hygiene
- People who severely clench or grind their teeth
The best way to determine if dental implants in West Palm Beach are right for you is to see one of our implant experts for an examination. No matter the results of your implant examination, our experienced dental team will help you determine your best tooth replacement option and help you begin your journey towards your dream smile. Schedule your dental implant consultation with Ferber Dental Group today!