Dentist in Boca Raton | 7 Ways You’re Damaging Your Teeth
Your smile is the best way to make a good first impression, which is why it’s important to treat your teeth right. Unfortunately, many of us destroy our teeth each and every day without even realizing we’re doing so. As your dentist in Boca Raton, we want to make you more aware of your bad oral habits! Here are 7 ways you didn’t know you were damaging your teeth:
- You’re not brushing properly. Most people brush hard and in a back-and-forth, horizontal motion, but this is the wrong way. Instead, you should brush gently at a 45-degree angle away from the gums.
- You’re not flossing correctly. If you snap floss between your teeth, you are damaging your gums. Instead, you should gently curve the floss around the edges of your teeth to effectively remove plaque.
- You’re not using a straw. Coffee, wine, sugary beverages and even vegetable and fruit juices can harm and stain your teeth. It’s best to drink them through a straw when you can.
- You’re grinding and clenching. Stress can often cause you to grind your teeth or clench your jaw without noticing. This can severely damage your teeth. If you have headaches or notice wear and tear on your teeth, consult your dentist.
- You’re chewing ice or hard candy. When you chew tough things like ice or hard candy, you are leaving your teeth susceptible to damage. Over time, your teeth will form little cracks and might even chip.
- You’re using your teeth as a tool. If you find yourself opening water bottles or plastic bags with your teeth, you are damaging them. Teeth aren’t strong enough to be used as tools.
- You’re not visiting your dentist. Even if you have great dental habits, it’s still important to visit your dentist every six months. A professional opinion is always a good idea.
Visit Your Dentist in Boca Raton!
As you can see, there are many ways you could be damaging your teeth without realizing it. But a quick visit to your dentist in Boca Raton can help you make sure your smile is happy and healthy! Schedule an appointment with Ferber Dental Group today!