Gingivectomy in Lake Worth | What is the Procedure?
Gum disease is an oral health condition that should not be taken lightly. If you ignore gum disease, it can advance to serious gum disease, also known as periodontitis. Periodontitis is a serious gum infection that damages the soft tissue and destroys the bone that supports your teeth. It can cause your teeth to loosen and can even lead to tooth loss. If you have periodontitis, it’s essential to seek treatment. However, sometimes periodontitis cannot be cured with antibiotics or root planing and scaling. Instead, you will need to undergo a gingivectomy. A gingivectomy removes and reshapes loose, diseased gum tissue to get rid of pockets between your gums and teeth. What is the procedure for a gingivectomy in Lake Worth? Keep reading to find out!
The Procedure for a Gingivectomy in Lake Worth
- To begin the gingivectomy in Lake Worth, your dentist numbs your gums using a local anesthetic to keep you comfortable throughout the procedure.
- Using either a surgical scalpel or a low-frequency laser, your dentist trims and remove the diseased gum tissues.
- Your remaining gums are reattached in and around your teeth using sutures, which is a type of stitches.
- The entire area is cleaned with saline and a variety of special rinses.
- After the procedure is finished, a surgical dressing is placed in and around your teeth and gums for about a week or until the healing process is complete.
Don’t wait any longer to treat gum disease. Waiting will only make it worse and damage your smile. Seek treatment for periodontitis by contacting Ferber Dental Group today. Our experienced and skilled team of dentists can provide you with the best periodontal treatments, without costing you a fortune. Achieve a beautiful and healthy smile by scheduling your appointment with us for a gingivectomy in Lake Worth today.