Dental Blog - Greenacres, FL
Tips, Facts, And The
Latest In Dentistry
7 Oral Hygiene Tips Dentist in West Palm Beach Oral Hygiene Tips
You can preventperiodontal diseaseby having proper oral hygiene. Many people think that good oral hygiene means brushing in the morning and brushing before bed. But maintaining your oral healthrequires much more than that. As your dentist in West Palm Beach, we’re here to give you 7 oral hygiene tips that will keep your mouth happy and healthy!
- Brush properly. You should brush your teeth for two minutes, twice a day. Be sure to use gentle, back-and-forth, up-and-down motions.
- Floss daily. Flossing is a very important step in your oral routine. Without it, you can’t effectively remove the plaque-causing bacteria that builds up in the tight spaces between the teeth.
- Use mouthwash. In addition to brushing and flossing, using mouthwash helps kill the bacteria that causes cavities.
- Clean your tongue. Millions of bacteria collect on your tongue each day. By using an effective tongue-cleaner, you can remove these bacteria. This will prevent bad breath and keep your mouth feeling fresh.
- Limit sugar intake. Sugar itself doesn’t cause tooth decay, but it does feed the bacteria that cause decay. You should limit sugary foods and drinks when you can.
- Eat healthy. It’s always best to consume healthy foods and drinks such as vegetables and water. Not only does eating healthy help prevent cavities, but it also strengthens your teeth and gums.
- Get regular dental checkups. In addition to all of the tips above, it’s vital to visit your dentist at least twice a year. Getting screenings, exams and professional cleanings will maintain your oral health.
Get More Dental Tips from Your Dentist in West Palm Beach!When it comes to your dental health, there is no limit on the amount of knowledge you can have. So if you want to learn more, look no further than Ferber Dental Group. Our team of skilled and experienced dentists would be happy to answer any of your questions.Contact us today!