Dental Blog - Greenacres, FL
Tips, Facts, And The
Latest In Dentistry
Dental Crowns West Palm Beach | How Dental Crowns Work, Risks, and Aftercare
Fixing a cracked or weak tooth are now possible with crown restorations. Even though thousands of people have crowns placed to fix their tooth problems, some people are intimated about having a crown restoration procedure. Dental crowns West Palm Beach have important functions for tooth and mouth health. You should know how dental crowns work and why you need them.
Why Is a Dental Crown Needed?
Dental crowns are necessary for varied reasons. A crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” that is cemented over a tooth to restore its appearance, size, shape, and strength. There are situations that require a dental crown procedure. Crowns are used to:
- Cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there’s not enough tooth left
- Protect a weak tooth from decay or hold together a cracked tooth
- Used to restore a severely worn-down tooth
- Hold a dental bridge in place
Caring for Your Temporary Dental Crowns
Crowns can get damaged if you don’t follow your dentist’s guidelines on how to take care of them. When caring for a temporary crown, there are safety precautions you should follow.
- Avoid sticky and chewy foods such as chewing gum or caramel. It might pull off the crown.
- Minimize chewing to the side of your mouth where your crown is.
- Avoid hard foods such as raw vegetables and ice.
- Slide rather than lifting out dental floss when cleaning between your teeth.
Looking for Dental Crowns West Palm Beach?
Always practice good oral hygiene. Care for your crowns the way you would with natural teeth as they are also prone to damage. If you need dental crowns West Palm Beach to cover a misshapen or discolored tooth, schedule an appointment with Ferber Dental Group today. We are West Palm Beach’s best dental care provider.