Dental Blog - Greenacres, FL
Tips, Facts, And The
Latest In Dentistry
Dental Implants in West Palm Beach | Food and Drinks to Avoid Post-Oral Surgery
Tooth loss is one of the common problems of American adults today. Fortunately, a permanent teeth replacement option like dental implants in West Palm Beach is uniquely able to replace your missing or damaged teeth to give you back the brilliant smile you desire. Just like any dental procedures or surgeries, your dentist may give you some post-op instructions and restrictions to help you with the healing process particularly for foods and drinks you can and cannot take.
Do’s and Don’ts During Dental Implant Healing
Before you proceed with the dental implant placement, it is important to discuss with your dentist what to expect during and after the procedure to help maximize your healing potential. Here are several do’s and don’ts after your oral surgery:Do’s
- Only eat room temperature food after your procedure.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated. This will boost your immune system and promote the healing process.
- Opt for soft food diets like rice, yogurts, mashed potatoes, soups, and eggs especially during the first two days after the surgery.
- Hot drinks or foods after the surgery
- Use a straw when enjoying a beverage
- Snacks like popcorn, nuts, and seeds that could get lodged between your teeth
- Eat crunchy foods like pretzels or chips for 6 to 8 weeks after the surgery
Duration for Dental Implant Healing
Majority of the patients will generally experience some swelling, discomfort, and bruising after their dental implant surgery. The healing process should take no more than about seven days and medication is available to deal with the pain.
Schedule a Consultation with Us for Dental Implants in West Palm Beach
Our team at Ferber Dental Group have dental specialists that deals with dental implants in West Palm Beach. If you need to learn more about the process of getting dental implants, contact us for a consultation.