Dental Blog - Greenacres, FL
Tips, Facts, And The
Latest In Dentistry
Dental Crowns in Lake Worth | Do I Need a Dental Crown?
Crowns are not just for royalty. Crowns can be for your teeth too, however these crowns are a little different. Unlike crowns worn by kings and queens, a dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap that is placed over a damaged tooth. Dental Crowns in Lake Worth are cemented into place to fully encase the entire visible portion of a tooth that lies at and above the gum line. Unlike removable dental devices, such as dentures, dental crowns are fixed prosthetic devices that provide a long term solution to a variety of dental problems. Could your smile benefit from a dental crown? Keep reading to find out!
Reasons for Dental Crowns in Lake Worth
There are numerous reasons why your dentist might recommend dental crowns in Lake Worth. We listed some of the most common reasons for getting a dental crown below.
- To restore a broken tooth or one that’s severely broke down
- To stop a weakened tooth (typically from tooth decay) from breaking
- To hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling but not a lot of tooth left
- To make a cosmetic modification
- To cover a severely discolored or poorly shaped tooth
- To help hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover a dental implant
If you’re experiencing one of the symptoms above, you should consider getting a dental crown to restore your tooth’s normal shape, strength, size, and appearance. However, the best way to know for sure whether or not you need a dental crown is by visiting a qualified dentist. For the best dental crowns in Lake Worth, look no further than Ferber Dental Group. Our team of experienced and knowledgeable dental professionals are dedicated to providing you with the highest quality dental treatments at affordable prices. Begin your journey towards a beautifully healthy smile by connecting with us online today!