Dental Blog - Greenacres, FL
Tips, Facts, And The
Latest In Dentistry
Dental Implants in Boca Raton | Types of Dental Implants and Procedures
In the case of periodontal disease or injury, tooth loss can happen, and the dentist may recommend several teeth restoration options for their patients. One of the most common options is dental implants in Boca Raton. The reason why this procedure is now widely used is because of its convenience, cost-effective, and most of all, it functions and looks like your natural teeth.
Types of Dental Implants
Endosteal – The most commonly used dental implant. These dental implants are supported by screws, cylinders, or blades surgically placed into the jawbone. Each endosteal implant can hold one or more prosthetic teeth. This type of implant is usually recommended as an alternative to patients who use removable dentures or bridges.Subperiosteal – This type of implant is usually applied to patients who have minimal bone height and are unable to wear conventional dentures. These implants are placed on top of the jawbone using a metal framework which protrudes through the gums to hold an artificial tooth or teeth.
Types of Implant Procedures
- Single Tooth Replacement – Applicable to patients who have lost only a single tooth.
- Multiple Teeth Replacement – This procedure uses implant-supported bridges that can replace several missing teeth.
- Full Teeth Replacement – For edentulous patients, full dentures or implant-supported full bridges are used for this procedure.
- Sinus Augmentation – This procedure is done to raise the sinus floor along with the developing bone to properly secure the dental implants.
- Ridge Modification – This procedure is for patients who have bony defects in their jawbone. Due to the inadequate bone, this procedure is done by lifting away the gum from the ridge.
Who Offers Dental Implants in Boca Raton?
Knowing the basics of dental implants and its procedure will help you understand if you are planning to get dental implants in Boca Raton. If you are unsure of what type of implants is best for you, schedule a consultation with one of our dental implant experts at Ferber Dental Group for more information.